Monday, December 22, 2008

Sewing all the way......Jingle bells Jingle bells........


Man has it really been days since I blogged? Weird....

Any who, thought I would share what I have in mind for 2009, lol that rhymed...
















I have picked out a few patterns and some fabric and I plan on makeing a wardrobe consisting of about 3 -4 skirts a couple pair of pants a couple shirts or so and a jacket or two. I know sounds iffy and it is. I know I am using all the fabric in the picture but, I have lots more so I may be adding to and re arranging as I go. You'll just have to wait and see(as well as I do).

Today I worked all day on a dress for my 11yo. it is red silk material and I have not done a whole lot of sewing with silk(maybe none) and boy was it a pain in the rear. Thought I was going to lose my mind and guess what, I am still not done with that stinking thing and it is a New Look EASY pattern that turned VERY HARD all because of my lack of silk sewing skills. I thought "what is the big deal, fabric is fabric, sewing is sewing", NOT!

I could really use some advice, pointers, whiskey, downers, uppers, sedatives, etc. from anyone out there who can help.lol.......

Well it is very late and I need to get up early in the morning, have to finish dd dress and start on my 14yo dd's dress and finish it by bedtime tomorrow, why?????because they will be worn to in laws on Christmas eve. duh......and Yes I wait till the last minute to do things and then I rush and cuss and lose sleep and food and well you get the picture it is HELL! But you know me, I live for chaos. lol. Nighty Night..........







P.S. Here is a pic of my latest purse, I had alot of fun makeing this one as I do with all of them.

2 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Cool purses!!! Just calling in to wish you Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!! Happy Sewing to you...look forward to your makings.

Anonymous said...

Very nice bags. And good luck with the dressmaking. I am quite new to sewing - it looks quite hard.
Merry Xmas and happy new year to you and yours.