Monday, December 8, 2008

Birthdays



Well we have so many birthdays for the month of Dec. that it is CRAZY! My oldest which is also my only son turned 16 Dec. 5th along with my youngest daughter who turned 5 that very same day, ironic huh. I have another daugter who will turn 11 on Dec. 15th and my father n laws b-day was yesterday, my dear daddy's birthday is on Dec. 27th. God rest his soul. So the month of Dec. is very crazy for our family.




My 5yr old made her own cake this year and had a blast. We did not have a party for her since we are new to this area we don't know any families with kids her age so it was just all of us that live with her that celebrated her and her brothers b-day, she was fine with it and was excited about her gifts she received and never complained once. Next year should be better we should be more familiar with some of the people in town and hopefully meet some friends with kids her age.




(James, my son is the second from the left,he is holding the hand of what he says will be my daughter n law someday, hmmmm)

As for my now 16yr old son, well he had other plans than just a nice quiet b-day at home, teenagers, ugh......lol.....It wasn't so bad, he just invited a few friends to go see Twilight at the thearters and I have been dieing to see it before it was gone so it was a gift to me also, lol........

He received a new guitar(very nice and expensive) for his b-day so a big pricey party was not happening, but he was just as happy with a trip to the movies. And so was I, he...he.....
Today was a very hectic day for me but I got all my swaps out that I owed thus far and that is a huge relief, now I can focus on some sewing I am doing as Christmas gifts. Mainly purses and some rag dolls, bibs and a few pieces of clothing, I will share photos as I get them finished(crossing fingers).
The weather took quite a change here today, out of nowhere the sky grew dark and clouds came rushing in and the wind started blowing 90 to nothing and it began to sprinkle, well not really sprinkle more like a few drops blowing here and there, anyway, I thought it we were in for a heck of a storm. I came home after doing all my arrands and the tree was on and the house was dark and cozy(because of the clouds) so I was glad that the kids were all gone to school so I could just sit and do nothing and enjoy the quietness. Well to my suprise the weather changed again and the sun was shinning like it was a mid summers eve.(so much for the cozy dark feeling) so I decided to do a small(very small) amount of house work anticipating the arrival of my darlings(that is not what I was thinking but wrote it anyway,lol) I thought about doing some sewing but knew that would take longer than the hour I had till they were home, so here I am feeling like I accomplished some and neglected others, ok does that make sense even? I better be off to bed so maybe tomorrow I will be able to think straight and make better sense. HUH? Yeah, anyway, goodnight.

2 comments:

Marjie said...

We have 6 birthdays between Halloween and Valentine's Day. It makes a busy season even busier, but the kids think very fondly of the chaos!

Back Porch Blessings said...

Well my 3 that have Dec. b-days just love the fact that receive presents almost all month. Our pocket book hates it though,lol.....