Tuesday, December 1, 2009

An Award for me that I am given to you :)

I received this awesome reward from my gal Julia, this lady really amazes me she is so creative and such and inspiration to me, I always look forward to her blog and all her wonderful creations. She is truely one of a kind and you should totally check out her blog http://juliassewsweetandspecial.blogspot.com/ you will be hooked I promise.
Scrap means left over, fragments, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. People like us need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will.

Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.

2. Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.

3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded Honest Scrap and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

Okay now for me to share 10 things with you about myself, hmmmm let's see.

1) When I was a little girl I loved Doris Day and I would play for hours pretending to be her. I just loved the dresses she wore and always wanted one but have yet to have one, but I do have a pattern of one, hmmm......

2) I love old black and white movies and I loved Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis, Frank Sinatra and such.

3) I was so in love with Chachey(Scott Baio) from Happy Days.

4) I love to eat Menudo (my husband so grosses out on this)

5) I have always wanted to speak another language, spanish would be great because of where we live.

6) I have always wanted to adopt a baby and actually have been thinking of it more and more lately but, hubby says no we are getting to old and I have to agree plus we have a grandson on the way and he should feel that desire to hold and cuddle and smell a newborn. :)

7) I love porch swings and quiet evenings and the smell after a fresh rain and the sound of crickets and toads after a long rain.

8) I love the smell of fresh laundry hung on a clothesline, it reminds me of my childhood (I hated that job).

9) When I was just a child I would dream of someday being a singer. I love to sing still and actually did grow up to be a singer, I sing at our church, not what I thought I would be back then, I was thinking more along the lines of being famous, but God hears me and I enjoy it tremendously.

10) I have a half sister from my dad that I have never met (she was born way before me) and I have a half brother from my mom that I have never met. She was very young when she had him and the mother of the daddy had their marriage annuled and the baby was taken away from my mother and adopted out. She did find him and see him when he was a little over a year old but was never allowed to see him again. All the way up to her dying day she spoke of him and wanting to find him someday. She never did.

Now I must reward only 7 bloggers, now thats a toughy.

1) Dana at www.dana-made-it.com is so amazing, she has the cutest kiddos and this lady is so creative and has that colgate smile that warms your heart. I love all the cute things she makes for her wee ones and she has inspired me in more ways then I am sure she knows.

2)Ms. Faye at http://fayessewingadventure.blogspot.com/ is one of those ladies that you love to love. She visits my blog and leaves comments for me all the time. She is the sewer of sewers and makes such beautiful things.

3) Mimi at http://myraida.blogspot.com/ is the lady! This chic can sew and is one hot mama let me tell you :) She also has a very tallented daughter (that my son is crazy in love with,lol) she has beautiful taste and her sewing matches it perfectly. You go Girl!

4) Traci at http://amazingmae.blogspot.com/ this gal is crafty let me tell you, I love visiting her blog and have got some wonderful ideas from her. Her and another friend (whom is my next choice) are opening a shop so do go check her out.

5) Melissa at http://polkadotchair.blogspot.com/ rocks, she is also very crafty and creative and her blog is one of my favorites to visit on a daily basis. Keep up the good work lady.

6) Disney at http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/ I just happend up on this gals blog not long ago and I must say she is the one, she is so creative and sweet and charming and I just love her blog and all her ruffles. Please pay her a visit.

7) Autum at http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/ I love her style. Her home is so beautiful me and her blog always makes me smile, she is very creative and abundently blessed.

Okay well so all of you know there are like a ton more blogs I visit daily and love, I don't always comment but I am there being nosey trust me,lol.

I hope you visit all of the blogs I have listed they are all truely talented women and deserve an award.

Each of you bloggers out there are so unique and special. We are all different and we are all from all over the world and with all kinds of occupations some profession and some like myself just stay at home mommy's livin and lovin, but we are all unitied in one way, we love to blog and create and that to me is something really special. I know that on the days I am sad or tired or bored or in need of inspiration I am only a blog away from my friends who inspire and nurish my creativness. You are each a very important part of my life and have contributed to who I am and alot of what I have created (yes I tend to be a copy cat, your the one that put up the tutorial).

May each of you have a blessed Holiday and a Happy New Year and thank you for your talent and time.

Hugs,

Kathy

6 comments:

dana said...

Thank you for the sweet words! Seriously. Made me smile :)

julia said...

I love knowing more about you!! Thanks for the great comments about my blog!!

Faye Lewis said...

Thank you so much for the award!, Julia (Sew Sweet) has already awarded it to me. I've actually started writing to post it. Nice to get to know even more about you!

Autum said...

Thank you so much Kathy! I enjoyed reading your list! I love the smell of laundry dried on the line and hated the chore as a child too.

Nishant said...

I've actually started writing to post it. Nice to get to know even more about you!
Work from home India

sanjeet said...

Thanks for the great comments about my blog!!
Web hosting india